Monday, June 6, 2011

June-uary

Does anyone else find this weather ..... odd?  We all spent the last few days holed up in our yurts and respective sleeping quarters (a tee-pee, a cob house, another cob house, a tiny house, and a yurt) because it was pissing down rain!  What. Is. Going. On?

Here's a shot I took on my way to our community yurt yesterday:

Can you say dismal?
At one point, it was coming down so hard I thought I had been transported to Costa Rica in July, suck in a tropical rainstorm.  Rumor has it that David actually hollered out in frustration because it wouldn't let up! (In his defense, he's in the tee-pee and the rain pounding down its exterior is exceptionally loud, making for a very difficult night sleep. Even with ear plugs.)   However, things are looking up.  It's not wet today (except for the puddles scattered around the property).  We don't have to water the garden, and I got to rock my new rain boots in June. Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment